For Spring Break this year, we headed to Idaho to stay at a campground called Maple Grove Hot Springs. It is located in the Onieda Narrows, next to the Bear River. It is BE-U-TEE-FELL!!!! It was so much fun, too.
The campground is located on ancient, sacred Native American ground. It has exquisite hot springs that have been pipped into 4 pools, varying in temperature. The hot springs and tubs are located right next to the river and the views are amazing!

We spent our time hot potting, sitting by the campfire, going on a hike, take mountain drives, watching Daisy fish, playing fetch with Diamond, watching Korbin get soaked and just enjoying each other's company in the camper.
Daisy does not like water, but she discovered fish in the shallows and spent hours in the water fishing. She would track them down with her nose and when she saw it, she would paw the water and then fling the fish into the air and eat it! It was a real treat to watch!
Diamond LOVES to play fetch, although, she was not real thrilled about going in the water. So, to try and train her to go in the water, we threw sticks into it. Before long, she was running out into the water and bringing back sticks! Even this great big one:
Korbin could not resist himself and each time we went to the water he jumped right in, up to his ankles! We actually loved the water so much that we moved campsites on the last night. We moved out of the campground and found some public land next to the river, which was a little more our style.
On Easter Saturday, we drove the boys to Grace, ID for an easter egg hunt. It was THE COOLEST egg hunt I have ever seen! There were balls, toys of all sorts, stuffed animals, eggs and candy galore! We may just go up to Grace every Easter!
We did attempt church on Easter Sunday, but when we arrived at the scheduled time of 9am, there wasn't a single car in the parking lot. We ended up finding out they were holding Stake Conference in Soda Springs, ID. So, we figured our effort would be remembered (or so we hope)!
After changing our clothes, we headed to Nitter, ID to explore an Ice Cave!!! Really!!! It was super cool!! And very cold! However, after going down the steep incline and watching Landon fall and slide on his butt, out of control, until he reached the bottom and then having me slide on my feet out of control, I was starting to wonder if we should turn around! But Chris pressed us forward! (I got the incident on video tape...lol..)
We got to the bottom of the cave and began our walk into the very dark cave, without any lights. Once the light from the end of the cave could not be seen, I refused to go any further and so we headed back out. But, of course, we returned with flashlights!
So, once again, we headed back into the cave! This time Landon and I held very tightly to the handrail. I managed to go a little further this time, climbing over rocks, crossing a bridge over a muddy swamp, and all of this with a tiny flash light! In the end, I decided to return back with Korbin in my arms, while Chris and Landon pushed forward!
I could hear a funny noise, which totally freaked me out. Afterall, you have to figure, I was in a cave with a toddler in my arms, Chris and Landon had left us, and I couldn't see more than the two feet in front of me that my flashlight showed me! So, I booked it out of there pretty quick! lol. Come to find out, it was only pigeons.
I did get a change to see the AWESOME ice crystals on the cave's walls and ceilings, though. Chris and Landon said that the deeper you got, the more ice there was and the cooler the crystal and ice formations were. I'd love to go back in, without Korbin and with a BIG, BRIGHT lantern. It was fun though and Chris and Landon had a great time exploring the cave!
I couldn't have asked for a better Spring Break!!! Well, maybe a little warmer, but we sure had fun!
Here's some of the pictures from our trip:
No comments:
Post a Comment