Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What a busy life I am now leading! Blogging, unfortunetly, gets pushed to the end of my list of things to do and scrapbooking, well, hasn't been done in a couple of years! I know I have family far away that enjoys looking at the blog, so I'm happy to take some time to rest today and update my blog!

Kayla is pleased that winter is almost over here in snowy Liberty. She says that Utah springs, feel like Oregon summers, which I can say is somewhat true. (I froze last August in Oregon!!) She has been as happy as can be to wear her flip flops to school, which is funny because we still have a foot of snow on the ground, at our house!! (The snow at school has melted and apparently *ALL* the kids are wearing flip flops, or so I am told.) She is dying for her horse, Libby, to show up for the summer! She enjoyed a horseback ride in Wyoming, recently, with her Dad and Korbin.

I found wall stickers at the dollar store. So, I created flowers on Kayla's bedroom wall. Aren't they cute?! There is a saying on her wall that says, "Life is good!" and her name is on the wall, above her bed. It was a lot of fun to put together!



Kayla is blossoming into a beautiful young lady, inside and out! She's so much fun and so caring and considerate, when people need help. Her teacher said that a boy at school was telling the class about his uncle that comitted suicide and Kayla stopped what she was doing and stood up and said, "We need to take a break." And walked over to the boy and said, "I know that made you sad and I want you to know that I'm always here to be your friend." And then she gave him a big hug. The teacher said she was so impressed. She couldn't believe Kayla would have so much compassion and maturity about such an intense subject, at her age.


She's struggled so much with relationships and socially appropriate behaviors, that when she recieved 3 phone calls and a party invite all in one day, just recently, I knew she was on the right track! I just couldn't be prouder of her accomplishments! We have more hills to climb, but she's incredible at how quickly she can adapt and relearn appropriate behaviors. She's just awesome!!


Adoption plans are still going well and we hope to finalize soon! Kayla is excited to get her blessing and can't wait to be sealed to our family in the Bountiful Temple, the same place Chris and I were married. While talking about her upcoming baptism, she said, "That is going to be the best day of my life!" And I asked her why and she said, "Because I've got a lot of sins!" lol....I explained to her that being baptised will mean that she'll be as clean as a newborn baby and she said, "That means I'll get to start over, like a fresh start to my life and I need a fresh start." She's so well thought out and understands so much!

Here is a picture of the beautiful Bountiful Temple in Bountiful, UT:


Landon LOVES to ride his skateboard down our front steps! And amazingly enough, he makes it! He goes off of the big ramps at the skatepark. He has such natural ability with it and so we've set up a little reward program with him to earn monthly skateboard lessons. (They are expensive, so we can only do 1 a month!) He's totally stoked about it!


Landon is doing very well at school and is reading at a 3rd grade level. He LOVES to read and his favorite subjects are math and science. He can't wait until 3rd grade when they start to do science, at school. He, often, comes home from school and says, "Mom, I don't have homework, so can you get me a math paper to do?!" He LOVES it! If only he could get his handwriting legiable! Everything is upside down or backwards!...like backwards 's' and an upside down 'r'...strange, huh?


Landon is such a lovable kid and is such a popular guy at school. He has all the girls chasing him! He is freinds with EVERYONE, I mean everyone! Landon is one of those kids that gets along with the 'nerds', the 'sports kids', the 'cowboys', the 'skaters', the 6th graders, the kindergarteners, the 3rd graders....I mean everyone! It's funny for me to walk down the hall at school because even the 5th grade boys are yelling out, "Hey, it's Landon's mom!" And they'll say things to me like, "You got a cool little kid!" lol...


The other day he said, "I know what girls really like and that's why the girls all like me." So, I tried to keep a straight face and asked, "So, what do girls like?" Landon replied, "Well, they like purses and lip gloss and nail polish. And if you buy them those things they will really like you. And I think they like flowers, too. Don't they mom, do they like it when you buy flowers?" So, I replied that they did and he said, "See, I'm just really good with the girls." Oh my!!


Then, the next day we were looking at jewlery in the store and there was a 'key' on a necklace and Landon said, "I wish I could buy you that because you unlock my heart." So cute, but I think we may be in trouble as he gets older!! lol...



Korbin is almost 3, can you believe that?! Only about a week and a half away from his birthday! I decided to get his hair cut short for his 3rd birthday. I figured it'd make him 'more grown up'. It did, but Chris and I want to grow it back out! (And Korbin is having a hard time with it!) But, it is cute, isn't it?



Korbin and I have enjoyed swimming at Crystal Hot Springs. He isn't so sure about the water, but he loves being outside. By the end of our swim session, he was letting me walk around the pool with him! I think he will really enjoy the water, as he gets used to it.

Korbin is SOOOOO happy that the snow is almost gone and enjoys his days outside. He LOVES to go on walks and scooter along on his bike. He doesn't quite understand how to peddle, but he sits on the bike, while I push him, and he thinks that's great!!

Korbin LOVES puzzles and thinks that library time is the best! He really enjoys reading and it is very relaxing to him. He could read all day if I had time! He thinks it's pretty great that we can bring puzzles home from the library, especially all of the train puzzles!

Korbin is a train guy! Not only does he say he wants to be a train conductor when he grows up, but he wants to be an actual train, too. lol....He's so cute!! He wears trains, he plays trains, he sleeps trains (they sleep in the covers with him),and he eats trains (the trains sit on the table next to him and we have to pretend the food is a train) ! lol...Trains are his LIFE!! I'm sure he wishes he were born a train!

We have had some new additions to the family: Angel, A-mum, Spot, Clarabella, Blaze, and Woody. Angel is Kayla's new fish. A-mum is Korbin's fish. Spot was Landon's fish that died. Clarabelle was my frog that died. (Apparently we over fed them!) Blaze is Landons new fish. And Woody is a woodpecker that likes to knock on our chimney and scare the living daylights out of Korbin!! (He's very beautiful though!)

Anyway, that's all I have time for today and it may be a very long time before I post again!

2 comments:

Claudy said...

Sounds like life is fabulous in the valley!

Rammells said...

What a cute room! I can't believe those stickers came from the dollar store!!!