Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back to Onieda!

For Memorial Day we headed back to the Onieda Narrows, in Idaho. It's quickly become one of our favorite places to camp.
Here we are just coming out of the Ice Cave in Nitter. Kayla and Landon were so brave and went to the very end of the cave with Chris! (They had to crawl at one point!) Korbin was freaking out, so I waited in the HOT sun with Korbin, while they froze in the ice cave. When they got back, I went into the cave with the two older ones. I didn't even make it a 1/4 of the way! I'm such a baby!! It is fun though!

Here's everyone in Nitter, outside of the cave, trying to dethaw.

We went swimming in the Onieda waters! It's awesome because you can walk out FOREVER and just doesn't get deep for a long time. It has a really muddy bottom and Landon's sandal got sucked in by the mud. We never found it!

On our last day, we drove over to Lava Hot Springs, ID and checked out all the Native American Stores. The kids brought there allowance $$ and bought things. Then we went to the Lava pool. Chris and Kayla went on the speed slides!! She's such a dare devil that it can be scary at times! lol...Landon and I enjoyed the twisty slides. And Korbin was content to swim. I didn't get any pictures at Lava.
Our trip was a lot of fun! Can't wait to go back next summer!!

2 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Fun trip!! I'll have to check out Onieda. Your kids are going to have lots of fun memories :)

Jolynn said...

I didn't know that you went private again. My list shows you haven't updated for 3 months. I am glad that I checked anyway. Congratulations on the adoption! Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately.