Landon played soccer again this year. I'm not sure he liked it so much this year, but he gave it a good shot! Last year he loved it, this year he said, "I think wrestling is 'my thing', mom.". His team is the Yellow Jackets. They are playing again next spring. (Notice Landon's bruised forehead? He fell on the concrete at school!)
After the soccer game, I took the kids to Huntsville Park, as promised. It was freezing!! The kids were glad to go, though. Here's Korbin climbing up the playset!
...and fall over to play in them!
This Fall we took Libby and Thunder to the corrals in North Fork quite often. It's a perfect place for Chris to train Thunder. Kayla rides Libby around, while Chris trains. Kayla is really pretty incredible with the horses, you'd think she'd been riding her whole life. I can't handle watching her run, it scares me, but I know she does!! Chris will take her on a dirt road away from me and I can hear them!! Then Kayla comes back and tells me. :) (She wants to learn how to barrel race next summer.)
The Monday before Halloween, we had a Family Home Evening and carved a family pumpkin. Each of us was assigned a face part like the eyes or the nose, etc. and we had to draw it without looking at anyone else's. Then, we brought all parts together and carved our "family pumpkin".

Here's a buck on "our property". OK- it's not ours, but we want it. :) We found some land that we'd like to build on when we can. We are hoping it'll be around when we are ready. :) It should be because it's on a mountain. :) It's recreational property, but there are a handful of people that live their year-round. You are required to maintain your own dirt road and plow yourself out in winter, but the neighbors have a rotating schedule, so we only have do it once every 6 or 7 snow storms. :) Yes, we are adventurous!! We can't wait to get to "our property"......whenever, that may be.

Landon likes to ride, too, but only for a few minutes. He likes to hop on the back of Kayla and let Kayla ride them around. Korbin likes to be lead around by mom. :)
Our front door all decorated for Halloween.
Having a girl is more fun than I thought! And having Kayla is AWESOME!! She's such a "girly girl" that loves to wear fluffy dresses and skirts. She LOVES her purses and always wants her hair done. Her teachers always ask me how I manage to get her looking so cute each morning and I tell them it's because she just is so cute! :)
Having said that she is a girly girl, she LOVES to hunt with her daddy and can't wait until she can pheasant hunt, herself. She was very disappointed she didn't get to go elk hunting with dad and she is so excited to one day move to the mountains. :) She said she's looking forward to waking up early (as she gets older) and taking her horse, Libby, on mountain trail rides.
1 comment:
Yes, Kayla is just cute on her own, but you don't get cute girls without cute mommies!!
Post a Comment