Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 18, 2008

Unpacking

Well, we've had a nightmare come true! We got a phone call Saturday morning to tell us that the VA wouldn't give our buyers a loan on our house and also said that they have determined the buyers can not afford that much. We were so upset, if you can imagine!
After spending 4 weeks packing, getting excited and finding a new house, I now have to unpack. I held it together pretty good for a while, but today it finally hit me. I was in tears! Luckily, I have a great mom, who dropped everything to spend the morning helping me put the house back together. I'm not quite done, but we knocked out a good portion of the work out. I'm so grateful for such a helpful and loving mom.
I've been working non stop, so I've stopped to take a little computer break, which may have been a bad thing, as I'm not sure I can get up now! LOL! But the show must go on!!!!
We have one family interested that lives out of state. They've asked for very detailed pictures of the entire house. So, we'll see if that pulls up any interest. One thing we have going for us, is that the mortgage rates have dropped and housing in Utah has dropped, so it is expected that their will be a lot of good activity for northern Utah homes this Spring. So, let's hope.
Anyway, I'm just trying to unpack, redecorate and find some peace to this confussion! Once my house is all together, we are going to go forward with Foster Care. We put it on hold to sell, but sale or no sale, we are ready to move forward with it! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out! How frustrating!! Hopefully it will sell real soon, maybe you won't have to get all unpacked!

Anonymous said...

Oh sissy
so sorry it didnt work out .Toris right it will sell soon its such a cute house.

Rammells said...

YIKES, you're right, what a nightmare. I HATE packing and moving, but to do it all and then just unpack...I don't know how you held it together at all. I wouldn't have. Sounds like you've got your chin up and are ready for foster care, so that's something good to look forward too, right. GOOD LUCK! Wish I was closer to help...