Okay, I was debating on whether or not to post this, but it's too funny to pass up. The bad part about all this...you guys now get to see what a bad mom I am. lol!
Have you guys heard the song, "Apple Bottom Jeans"? It's got a really catchy beat, but terrible lyrics. When the song first came out Chris fell in love with the beat and burned it to a cd with a bunch of songs. We listened to it a few times, until we realized what it was saying. After we realized what it was saying, we stopped listening to it, but it was still burned to the cd that we listen to in the car.
Well, my mind was somewhere else and this song came on, while I was driving. All of a sudden, I hear this cute little blonde haired little girl in the back seat saying (perfectly copied, might I add),
"Let me talk to her. Let me talk to her."
Then PERFECTLY on beat she starts, word for word, singing,
"She wore them apple bottom jeans (jeans)
Boots with the fur (With the fur)
The whole club was lookin' at her
She hit the floor (She hit the floor)
Next thang you know
Shwaty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low."
Now, you'd think by this point I would have turned off the song, but my jaw was dropped and I was in shock. I'm looking back, through my rear view mirror, at this adorable little girl who has this "I've got attitude" look on her face, just singing her heart out to "Apple Bottom Jeans". So, while I sat there dumbfounded she continues on,
"Them baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps [With the straps]
She turned around and gave that big booty a smack [Ayy]
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Next thang you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low"
And I wont give you any more lyrics after that, 'cause it gets pretty graphic. Now here's where the "bad mom" comes in. Not only did I not turn off the song, (because I was dying to see if she REALLY knew the whole thing....and she did), but it had to have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I didn't laugh (out loud), but if she could have seen my face, she would have seen me trying real hard not to giggle, although it was not a succesful attempt. (Thank goodness I was in the front seat.)
Since this time I have explained to her that we don't listen to that song because it has naughty words. But, recently, her mom gave her a new doll. Today I asked her what she wanted to call her new dolly and she thought about it for a while and then said, "Apple Bottom". lol!!!!!
1 comment:
Oooo, too cute! I only know that song cause Ellen dances to it and loves it SO much. Plus she explains all the words in it to us, the audience. I guess I've only heard as much as you wrote cuz I didn't know it had naughty lyrics. Way Cute!!!!
Post a Comment