Today Landon and I talked about Election Day and what that meant. We briefly covered what was taking place and the importance of it. I told him who the candidates were.
Then, we went to The Treehouse Museum and spent some time in the "Presidential Room". We talked about previous presidents, our current president, George W. Bush, and we looked at some books with pictures of the White House.
The Treehouse had a voting booth set up and Landon was able to go into the booth and fill in his first ballot. He was quite excited about that. He voted for Obama to be the next president of the USA and Robin Hood to be the president of The Treehouse.
We are nowing watching the news to see how Election Day folds out. Each time a blue state is announced Landon is excited and each time a red state is announced, he says that perhaps he should have voted for McCain. lol! Oh, how easy he can change his mind!
He said he voted for Obama because it saids like "Rock Obama". lol!
Tension is building at our house, while we wait to see how Landon's vote played out. :) Unfortunetly, I can not vote. My "standing" still remains as my roots, British.
But just the same: Happy Election Day!!
2 comments:
I totally agree with him on Robin Hood being a great president for the Treehouse.
Thats why we voted for Obama too, we think it sounds like Rock Obama. Of course, I'm like you so i can't vote anyways, and Marc said he wouldn't committ any Obama Nations that day. ha ha! Thats one of my fav. sweaters he's wearing. He's so darn cute!
Post a Comment