Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 23, 2009

Updates

Well, I've not been blogging very much lately. It's not that we've not been doing anything, it's just that after I do it I'm too tired to blog! lol! Here's a recap:

Korbin- Oh you should see our little baby today! His eyes are almost swollen shut and all the skin around his eyes and all of his cheeks are totally raw. Those dang tear ducts!!
Korbin went to Primary Children's Hospital and saw the chief of the opthomology department. We found out he does not have clogged tear ducts, he has narrow tear ducts. So, he is scheduled for surgery April 2nd at Primary Childrens. They will be doing a quick surgery, under 15 minutes. The doc said it'll take longer to put in the IVs and such, than it will to do the actually surgery. It is a balloon dialiation, where they expand the tubes by pumping up special balloons in his tubes. Then the balloons will be removed immediately. It has a VERY high success rate.

Other than the eyes, he's been the same old cute Korbin. He's found a new friend, Jack. What's kind of fun for me, is that Jack's mom, Holly (Grose) Stowers was my all time best friend in elementary and junior high!! We are still good friends. The funny thing is, I took Korbin to Gold's Gym nursery, not realizing Holly and her kids had a membership. Well, when I went to pick up Korbin he was playing with Holly's kids, Jack and Lilly. Since then, he walks around saying, "Play toys, gym, with Jack."

So, Holly and I set up a play date, but by the time I dropped Landon off at the bus and got to Holly's house Korbin had fallen asleep! lol. So, I laid him down at Holly's house. He woke up just in time to leave. Poor thing coudn't understand why we "just got there" and left! lol! He's still asking to play with Jack! I had a good time, though. Holly made a yummy lunch and it's always good to chat with old friends. It's like we've never been apart!

Landon- I'm pretty late posting this, but Landon had his 2nd qtr PTC. (It's like the end of the 3rd qtr now!) Anyway, his teacher said he's doing sooo well! His reading scores were awesome!! They tested him on 3 things in reading. In one area he was at a high K level, in one area he was at a 1st grade level and in the last area he's in a 2nd grade level. His teacher says he's a really great reader! He also tested above average for math. Unfortunetly, he takes after me and his dad in handwriting! He's struggling, but I dare say his parents still struggle with handwriting! If he's got our handwriting skills, he has no hope! lol!

Landon is still doing rehearsals every Wednesday, until the end of the school year. He is Alex the Lion in Happily Ever After. The performance will be May 12 at 6pm at Majestic Elementary, in North Ogden, by our old house. Call me for directions if you'd like to come. The cost is a can of food or dog/cat food. It's looking really cute!

Chris- I've seen a lot of Chris lately. He's in the middle of a job change. He's still working ID & WY with Farr West Outfitters, but he's handed over his other accounts. He has been hired for a company that works closely with Lindquist Mortuary and some others. He will be selling funeral services for people that are still living. They plan and pay for their own funerals, so that when they pass away their family has little stress and does not have to pay for services. It is something anyone of any age can purchase. A lot of people do this to plan for their futures. I remember when I was 12 my parents did it, but I just remember thinking it was weird because the lady wanted me to choose out my child sized casket! lol! Chris is excited about the new job and I think he'll be great working with such a personal matter. He's so personable and likeable. He has to get lisenced to do the job, so he's spending the next 1-2 weeks studying. He'll begin work in mid April. In the meantime, he is building and selling playhouses.

Christina- Well, as for me, I've been tired! lol! I found out I have anemia, so that explains the tiredness! I'm on iron now, but from my understanding, it can take months before you feel better. I'm good though. I've been spending some time outside getting my yard ready for Spring. Well, that was until it started dropping MORE SNOW today. I have some bushes pruned though and all the winter garbage picked up. Until today, I actually saw very small patches of grass, through the 1 foot of snow.
My sister, Victoria, moved to Pleasant View from ID last week. I have really enjoyed being able to drop by and see her. She's been there for 12 years, so it's nice to have her back. Her house is really beautiful!
Last night, I was able to go to the Draper Temple Dedication at my Stake Center. It was a very nice and a special opportunity. Even sitting there in the Stake Center, you could feel the reverance and the spirit was very strong. It was really great.

Kamber- Well, I know she's not in the family technically, but she'll always be in our hearts. She came to spend the night at our house this weekend, while her mother was a speaker at a narcotics seminar in SLC. Kamber is getting so big and she is adorable! Her hair is cut to her shoulders (that's what I always wanted to do) and she looks sooooo cute!! She's doing very well, as is her mom.
Her mom has done far better than most! She is going to school right now to be a hair stylist. Chris is actually with her right now, getting his hair cut. Her mom looks so healthy and looks very beautiful! She's just adorable and really a sweet girl. She's a good friend of ours now. We are so proud of her and her accomplishments! Chris says watching her change and watching Kamber go home made Foster Care all worth it!
People often don't understand how we could "give back" the child, but it's an awesome thing to be apart of! We'd love to do it again! And probably the most exciting thing is, Kamber's case is closing in two days!!! That means it was done in under a year...WOW!! We are so happy for Kamber and her mom!! Chris and I will be going to the court hearing and taking them out afterwards for a CELEBRATION!! Yeah!!

Adoption- By now most of our friends and family have recieved our adoption pass along cards. I know a lot of our family and friends have been posting them and we REALLY appreciate it! Thank you so much! As of right now, our profile has been viewed just shy of a 100 times!! I know I don't have 100 family members and friends viewing it, so that's very exciting for us. Our caseworker says we have had a lot of interest on our file!

House- We are casually looking for houses. Our lease is up in May. We might just stay here for a while, but we figured we'd at least keep our eyes open. We have a few houses here in the valley that we will be looking at today. We, also, saw an awesome house in Cache valley, but Chris thinks it might be further than he wants to travel. It was clear up in Lewiston. There are a couple great building lots in the Valley, too. It just all depends on how much we could build a house for.
We just feel at ease that the right house will come along at the right time. Our friend, who is the best realtor ever, says that there are a ton of homes in the valley about to go into forclosure in the next 6 months. He's also told us about a ton of grants the government is offering right now. It's a buyers market for sure! So, glad we sold our house last year!!

Well, there is the update!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey...can you get me some of your pass along cards? I don't have any. I'd like to spread the word too. Thanks for the great update!

You guys are awesome!

The Hodsons said...

You guys have been busy!! Good luck especially with the adoption and house thing.

Chrissy-teeny said...

Victoria- I didn't give you your cards b/c you were in the middle of the move, but I have some for you!! Thanks!