A friend of mine said, "I love the snow. I just love it in December and January." lol. You know, I'm happy to have snow from November to February, but March? April? May? Some of the locals say they love the snow until they look at their window in May and still see piles of it, just starting to melt. I thought, "That's crazy!" However, I'm starting to wonder.
March has now hit and there is a good 3 foot of snow still lingering around with no signs of melting in my yard. And, to top it off, it's snowing very hard today! Oh, and to top that off, my mom called yesterday to tell me she is swimming in the ocean in Hawaii.
The thing is, I really do like the snow and really, it doesn't bother me, until I go to Ogden. Ogden has been getting into the 50s and 60s the last little while!! It's almost Spring in Ogden! After walking around Ogden in a light jacket, it gets me all excited to plant my gardens and flowers. To wake up on summer mornings and eat my breakfast in the rocking chair, but then I drive home and realize, those summer mornings are still a long, long, long, ways a way!
So, I admit, I let it get to me a little. Honestly, last Friday, I started feeling gloomy and I honestly thought, I can't bare any more snow! lol. So, being the kind of person that I am, once Saturday rolled around, I decided that the family was heading out to the slopes for some skiing!
Korbin had a babysitter, which he wasn't too pleased about. He really wanted to go skiing with us. (Two more more years and I'll have him on the slopes with us.) Landon had his first skiing lesson, which he did great! By the end of the day, he was on the lift! Chris took off for most of the day and I didn't see him. He snowboards really well. And so I just skied (is that how you spell that?) alone most of the day, but I LOVED it! That vitmain d sure does me good! lol!
Anyway, I didn't manage any pictures, but I think we'll be heading back up in a couple of weeks, so check back for pictures then!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Skiing is what gets me through the winters, for sure! I'm so excited you have taken up skiing...I can't wait to come ski with you sometime.
I am sooooo sick of the snow too! I totally want to teach my kids to ski too though!!!!
Post a Comment