I am officially apart of the Utah Adoption Counsel. They are seperate from LDS FS, but LDS FS play a large role in it. I called and offered to go around to high schools and junior highs and educate the students on adoption, something that The Utah Adoption Counsel does. However, I got roped into a little more.
They have no one coordinating this service right now, so they put me in charge of it! lol. I actually offered when she told me she needed the help. So, my job will be to visit high schools and junior highs around Ogden and tell them about our service and hopefully, set up appointments. At that point I can either have someone else teach the classes or I can get the training and teach them myself, something I'd love to do!
I'm really looking forward to it! I get to be apart of the comittee meetings at LDS Family Services and she even told me that as caseworkers get to know me, they will call me and ask for my assistance with various opportunities.
The outreach coordinator, that I spoke with was actually "called" to do this as her calling. She has to chart her volunteer hours and she said is currently spending 30-35 hours a week doing her calling!! So, don't complain when you have to teach a lesson in church or go to mutual activites! lol. She said she is very glad I am going to take some of that load off of her. And I'm happy to help!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that sound so exciting...and nice that you can help out. It sounds like they could definately use the help!
I think you will do a great job! And congrats on adopting! You guys are about the best candidates I can think of and will be awesome.
Post a Comment