Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 6, 2009

Changes...Read the whole thing....saving the best for last...

Life is all about changing, growing and better ourselves, right? Well, we have some new changes to tell everyone about. I don't know how exciting they are, but they are *our changes*!

First off, Korbin has been much happier! Hooray!! His eyes cleared up for about 2 months, which was a huge relief. The left eye is having problems again, so we'll be back into the doctor's office, but I'm hoping for the best! Korbin is now in a toddler bed, which he thinks is awesome! He goes to bed so good now and he even races me to his bed for nap time! That's a very fantastic change! lol!

I am pleased to announce that Landon has auditioned for a part in a musical called "Enchanted". He was casted as "Alex the Lion" from Madagascar! He's so excited about his part and has been asking to practice it, as much as he can!
One of his lines is, "But the penguins are psychotic!" While, we were rehearsing he yells out, "But the penguins are exotic!" lol! It was sooo funny! The funniest part was that he didn't even realize he'd said something wrong. It was too cute!

As for myself, I was scared away from social work! lol! Really, I was reconsidering, anyway, but I've decided to attend the ATC in Ogden and graduate in the Web Design program. I'm really excited! I'm scheduled for my placement tests, please wish me luck on the math!! lol.

Chris, well, I'm not sure he's had much change! lol! He's being as good of a husband and daddy, as he ever is! Oh, actually, he's trying to sell his truck. He's asking $5,000 and it's in really great shape!! He's got his eye set on a used Toyota, 4-Runner. It'll give him more room, than the little truck and our whole family will fit in it, so it'll save miles on our Landcruiser.

Chris and I have been going to a marriage class, at church. It's taught out of a new manuel that the LDS church has put together, but it also goes hand in hand with "The Five Love Languages". It's been a lot of fun getting to know the other 6 couples in the class. (Every couple in the ward will eventually take the class.) We seriously look forward to it each Friday night! lol...it's our date night!

And that's our most exciting thing to tell you.........just kidding!! Okay, so the thing we are most excited about is (and we know this may come as a suprise) we are going to adopt! Hooray!

No, we haven't found our child yet, but we've prayerfully decided that we are finished having our biological children. I know, I know, we don't make any sense! I just posted, a few weeks ago about Hyperemesis and our decision to get pregnant, but there you go! You can't deny what we feel directed to do! lol! So, if you want to hear the whole story of why we made this decision, we'd love to tell you, but I don't want to take the time to post it and I really don't think that many people care! lol! So, you'll have to ask me, if you want to hear it.

I will just say that we spent some nights very prayerfully trying to know if our decision for pregnancy was good and *each* night that we prayed about it, I had a dream. In *each of the dreams*, someone came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm from LDS Family Services and we have a placement for you." We just couldn't shrug it off! We are really happy with our decision.


We don't know how long it'll take...a year, a month, 5 years,...who knows?! But, we are content with our decision and that's a huge change and a huge relief!
We are working with a great caseworker! She has told us about huge changes that LDS FS has had in the last couple of years. The number of babies has increased, considerably, with these new changes! It's very exciting for the couples waiting.

The LDS church has also been working hard, for the last two years, to put together a beautiful new website (http://www.beta.itsaboutlove.org/ search for us by our names: Chris & Christina). It's still in the building stages, but is due for release very soon. When they release it, they are going to do a NATIONAL MASS MEDIA release! It's supposed to be very big and the advertising will be all over the nation (and not just limited to Utah). They are doing loads of adertising, which will bring in all kinds of birth moms, not just LDS birth moms.

We would really appreciate your support and prayers, as we search for our new family member! (More info to come...) So, there's all our CHANGES!!

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

Good Luck!

Victoria said...

It's nice to be able to get answers to prayers. I'm praying for you...math and baby...ha ha!!

I know you and Chris are so in tune and so positive so it will all work out the way it should.

Can't wait to get the good news...whenever it will be.

Loves You Sis!!!