Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our Last Two Weeks or so...

We have had a lot of fun this summer! With summer coming to a close, I decided to make the most of my days with the boys. Here's some of what we have been up to in the last couple of weeks.

KAYLA: ADOPTION COMMITTEE DAY

I had decided weeks prior that I would go to the Temple at the same time of Kayla's Adoption Committee. Chris was working, so I had the boys and I figured that it was a perfect opportunity to take the boys to the Temple Grounds. We enjoyed our morning very much. It brought me a lot of peace. :)

Committee Day, the day that the adoption committee was choosing a family for Kayla, was a day full of butterflies for me! We were so happy at the prospect of getting Kayla, but nerveous waiting for "the call". I was happy to spend the morning, with the boys, at the Temple.

Landon & Korbin enjoyed all the fountains. They, especially, liked the little "dock" you can walk out onto.

Being on Temple grounds, with Landon and Korbin, while we waited for the answer from the Adoption Committee, was really nice. It was a special experience to be in such a peaceful place, with the two little boys I love the most.

When we got home, I put Korbin down for a nap. The house was quiet and I was doing anything and everything to try and keep myself busy. When the phone rang I ran to it! Our adoption worker said, "Congratulations, you're going to be a new mommy, again." I cried happy tears!


PIONEER DAY!


We headed to Ogden, like we do every year, for Pioneer Day. For those of you that don't know, Pioneer day is in honor and celebration of the Mormon pioneers that crossed the plains and settled in Utah. It's a great day with parades, rodeos and other fun activities!

Landon found a potatoe bug! He became Landon and Korbin's buddy for most of the parade. Well, that was until we realized he'd taken a suicide mission and tried to cross the road, through the parade! Good luck little budy, hope you made it!

This was touching, to see our Armed Forces carrying a huge American Flag! And how cool is it that I got a picture of them, with the Temple in the back ground?! I entitle it: "God & Country". :)

One of the coolest "floats" was watching all the missionaries run down the crowds of people, giving high fives and passing out "pass a long cards" by the hundereds! I had to laugh when the boy next to me said to his dad, "Oh crap, the Mormons are coming!" lol...Well,you are celebating a Mormon holiday! ...lol...

We finished up our day (another scorching hot day) by watching Landon jump in the bubble machine, (well, not quite in the machine, but in the bubbles!!) on the back of one of the floats! As usual, Pioneer Day was a smash!

OGDEN- 25TH STREET & THE UNION STATION


I took the boys over to see the Front Runner and the cute little cafe, next to the tracks. I promised the boys that as soon as Kayla comes, we will take the Front Runner into Salt Lake City for a day of fun!!

So after checking out the trains, we headed over to the actual station to catch a ride on Ogden's free trolley! We'd never done it before, so we were pretty excited. The plan was hitch a ride at The Union Station, head through The Junction, stop off at the Farmer's Market, check out Historical 25th and then back to Union Sation. Hummm...my plan still sounds good.

We waited by the fountain for the trolley. And watched a homeless guy get in and bath! Luckily, he kept his clothes on! lol...Landon couldn't understand why he couldn't get in the fountain, too.

Well, the Trolley never showed up at the Union Station, like it said it would (yes trollies talk...ok...like the sign said...and yes, signs do talk!), so we headed to the next stop and waited and waited and waited. Then, we headed to the next stop (all with a block or more in between of walking in 100 degree weather!) and waited and waited and waited! The boys waited underneath the (talking...hee...hee...) sign.

One thing I LOVE about Ogden each summer is the horses! They have beautifully, unique, hand painted horses all over town, too many to count! We have a tradition of horse hunting each year. Of course, we shoot them with a camera! :) This was just one of my favorites because of it's bright colors!
Taking a picture of myself with one of the horses. :)

Above- Landon
Below- Korbin

After waiting for that dang trolley for nearly 2 hours, hit and miss, I finally told the boys to jump in the water display! Seriously, it was hot outside! There were people passing by who just smiled, laughed and walked by, a few stopped to join us. Fun happens to be contagious, didn't you know? Trolley or no trolley, we had a great day in Ogden!

BBQ WITH FRIENDS


Summer isn't summer without a BBQ at my dear friend, Marianna's house! She has amazing food, but her hubby, Pablo, also, does killer meat on the bbq!!! I LOVE the latin culture and the awesome get togethers we have! There is always great music, lots of hugs and kisses, WONDERFUL friends and lots of dancing!

Landon and Marina have known each other since they were babies, about 6 months old. They are only a few months apart.

Korbin & Camila are only 2 weeks apart and they are little buddies, too.

Here's the whole gang, almost (minus Alessandro). Korbin (who got a weed in his eye), Camila, Marina, Landon & Fabrizio.

Marianna's father, Carlos, and sister, Carlina, came over from Argentina this summer. Before heading home, they came over to our house for an elk steak dinner and horse riding. Mario, Marianna's brother and our good friend, was also there. I think Chris and I are going to learn spanish and as a reward, when we do, we are heading off to Argentina to see our friends.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

What a nice post! Was that the Ogden temple?? I LOVE those horses downtown.

Call us next time you go to the trolley..we've been wanting to do that.

And I heard you can go no the frontrunner for $10 (up to 4) so keep in mind when you go.