Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter this year was a lot of fun. The boys and I spent our Saturday at the North Ogden Easter Egg hunt, something I used to do as a little girl. Then we went to Acre's Market for an Easter walk to see the Easter bunny. Landon was slightly disappointed when he realized it was a "girl in a bunny outfit". lol! It didn't take much to convince him that she was the Easter bunny's helper.
Later, that evening we went to Costa Vida at The Junction. Chris and Landon climbed The Rock, despite my warnings that it was getting very late and we needed to head home to dye Easter eggs. By the time we got our eggs finished, it was quite late, but it was still loads of fun!
The next day, Easter Sunday, we headed off to church, but we were only able to stay for Sacrament meeting because Landon kept falling asleep. He'd wake up feeling disoriented and would break down crying....I tried to warn them, but no one listened, they just had to go climbing!!
So, after a nice long nap, we headed out to a park for our traditional english egg rolling. I did it when I was a little girl and we have been doing it with Landon since he was just small. What you do is race your decorated eggs down a steep hill. It's loads of fun, you'd be suprized! Even some strangers joined in on the fun!
After, we flew kites and enjoyed the wonderful sunshine at the park, which I am now desperately missing. After a bit of playing, we headed home and swung in the backyard. Our day was followed with our weekly "Sunday shows", Extreme Makeover-Home Edition and Oprah's Big Give. They've become family favorites and I always end up crying....I just love the spirit of giving!!
It was a nice, WARM, Easter Day.
Landon & Mommy with Easter Eggs!
The boys rockin' new Easter shades with Daddy.
Korbin loves Mommy taking him down the slide!
Landon
Daddy and Landon
Landon is sooooo cute!!
The boys love the swingset Daddy made them.
Korbin checking out his Easter basket.
Momma and Korbin
Family Tradition:  Egg Rolling


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter! We love egg rolling too.

The Hodsons said...

I am impressed with your fun filled family day! Your blog is so cute Christina!...ps I luv Extreme Makeover Home Edition!!!!