We had a wonderful Sunday last week. It was very relaxing. I wanted to take a drive up onto Avon to see the Spring flowers. They are AMAZING! (They weren't out yet, though.) The boys and I took Chris's old truck up on to the flat and waited there for Chris, who rode Eden up. Chris said he has NEVER before ridden a horse on terrain that tough, it was the first time he'd done the treck and the last! He ended up taking her down the road to get home! Poor girl was exhausted when she reached the top.
While waiting for Chris to arrive (it took him 2 hours longer than expected!) we ate a picnic lunch and then climbed rocks.
Korbin
Landon
Korbin heard an airplane!
Landon LOVED jumping the rocks!
We had plenty of time to climb trees, lay in the shade and I became a personal hat rack!
Chris finally arrived and was ready for a long rest, as was Eden! What a strong girl she is!
The boys found a mud whole, created by a spring. Of course they HAD TO go jump in it. It was clearly evident we were either going to spend our time asking them to get in the mud or just let them get in and enjoy themselves! So, they JUMPED in!
After the mud hole, Chris headed back down the mountain with Eden and I took the boys to a nearby mountain stream to wash off. The water was suprisingly warm! It was really nice!
I just love warm Sunday afternoons with my family.
1 comment:
That looked like a great day! You're the best mom to let them jump in the mud hole. Thats what being a kid is all about. Awesome!
Post a Comment