First Day of School 2010
In August 2010 Maylee began 5th grade with an awesome teacher named Ms. Chournos. Landon began 2nd grade with Mrs. Anderson. This was the first day of school. Aren't they so cute and stylin'?!
Maylee had an interesting school year. She started out on fire! She was doing amazing!! She was so in control of herself and her behaviors. She tried so hard with her math and had made some small gains there. Her reading stayed steady and she tried very hard to do her class' spelling words, rather than adapted words. She was blowing everyone away! While things were not easy, they were good, and we were very proud of her progess.
As the year continued, as the holiday season rolled around, and as we began our move to our home in Huntsville, she kind of crumbled. We aren't really sure what really happened, but from about January 2011 onward (to this point) she took a downward spiral. Things became very, very hard for all of us. Maylee, try as hard as she might, was unable to control her emotions and behaviors. We later found out why. (More on that later.) While there is so much I could say, I feel it would be wrong to share such personal information on our blog, so I will leave the subject be and simply say, that we experienced the hardest thing in our lives. We all suffered terribly as we sought to help our daughter with the extreme experience she found herself in.
As time progressed and as Maylee's needs became very great, I had to stop the class. Landon was kind of on his own to do his work, as my focus was on much greater issues. He did the best he could and I was really proud of him!!
This was the year that Korbin began preschool! His teacher was Ms. Burton and her helpers where Ms. Jamie and Ms. Courtney. He learned so much in the Valley Developmental Preschool. I wont say too much about it since I already posted about his preschool previously. He did amazing, though! I think his favorite part of the day was the bus ride!
When we lived in Liberty, the bus picked the kids up right in front of our house. I will always remember them standing at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus. Sometimes the snow was so deep they could hardly make it to the end, but they always waited very diligently for the bus. The bus driver was named James McKay and they really liked him, although, I think they drove him a little crazy!!
New Piano!
Maylee wanted to learn how to play the piano and I've always wanted me kids to play. We couldn't really afford something too fancy, so I picked up this beautiful old piano for $200. It is a bit out of tune, but we love it!
It is a Windsar piano from the 1910 circa. It was made in Chicago and sold through the Montgomery Ward and Company chain. It is made out of either Mahogany or Walnut. In it's hay day it was a level 3 piano and could be bought for $300, with monthly payments of $5 a month. It sounds beautiful and is solid as a rock. It's sooooo pretty and so much fun to have in my house!!
Maylee is taking lessons from Joyce Montgomery, who lives in Middlefork, in Huntsville. She is enjoying her lessons.








No comments:
Post a Comment