Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going Back In Time: Part 4 (Montana Trip)

Chris has a friend named Lee and he has a cabin in Montana.  He has offered us the use of his cabin whenever it is available.  It is such a beautiful cabin in a beautiful place.  We always have so much fun at "Lee's Cabin". 
On this trip, we visited Island Park, ID, Ennis, Virginia City, Nevada City, Wade Lake...and plenty of other ponds and lakes!  We had so much fun!!


Big Springs, Idaho

Big Springs, Idaho

Big Springs is located at the John Sack Cabin.  We love visiting the John Sack Cabin. An entire river just springs up out of the side of the mountain!  The water is crystal clear and is a very unique color. The fish are huge and you can see them swimming around.
 Virginia City, Montana @
Cousin's Candy Shop
 We took a train over to Nevada City! 
It poured rain on us, but it was so fun!!
 Fishing in Virginia City!
 Landon caught a fish!
Maylee and Dad with her fish.
(Korbin caught one too!)
 We caught crawdads at Wade Lake, Montana!
 I was a little nerveous to hold one, but I braved the little pinchers and it wasn't that bad!

Now, I have to take a moment to tell you about my  sweatshirt.  hee...hee...  I was freezing and I hadn't brought any warm clothes.  I sent Chris into a shop to choose me out a sweatshirt, thinking he'd get me a cool looking one that said, "Montana" or "Island Park, ID" or something like that!  No, he buys me this red beauty with snowmen on it that says, "Once we were flakes!"  ha...ha... I about died, but the kids thought it was so cute!  I told Chris it looked like a school teacher sweater!  To this day, I can't get rid of it.  It's so cheesey, yet holds memories. I always take it to the cabin with me now!
 Landon & Maylee at Wade Lake
 Korbin, Maylee & Dad at Wade Lake
 We went fishing in Island Park, ID.
Landon HATED touching the worms!!!

Korbin thought the worms were fabulous!

I was just flat out scared to death because their were signs up warning us of bears.  I just kept invisioning a bear coming and eating us up!   Chris spent the entire time trying to help the kids fish, with no luck.  I was so scared to death of bears that we ended up packing up and heading back to the cabin.
 Landon riding the 4-wheeler at the cabin.
Mesa Falls, Idaho

Our trip was so much fun!!  We always love a good trip up to Lee's Cabin.  The place feels like home and it is always so nice to get some rest and relaxing, especially in such a beautiful place.   The kids will grow up with fond memories of "Lee's Cabin".  We love Montana!!

No comments: