I got my first client about a month ago. She's a real sweetie and has beautiful babies. I am really enjoying working with her. I am really glad I decided to go ahead with Peer Parenting. It's very rewarding and it gives me the opportunity to get involved in Foster Care, from another perspective, the mom's perspective.
Being involved in Foster care, in one way or another, whether it be foster parent, peer parent, caseworker, or whatever you may be is not the most glamorous thing, but the excitement of helping reunite a family is just beyond words! Kamber is now home with her mom and I couldn't be happier! My client, I am currently working with, is doing great! She's genuinely trying and putting her all into it.
Just today, we opened our file with Foster Care to provide Shelter Care. What that means is that a baby would come to us temporarily, while the RFC finds a permenant foster family for the baby. The baby would more than likely be with us only a day or two, sometimes a week and very rarely they could stay with us for up to 2-3 weeks. They will only call us on weekends and holidays. Shelther Care is used for after hour care, until they locate a Fost-Adopt Family. They did tell me make sure my bassinet was out and ready to go because they can call at midnight and say, "We are on our way!"
Anyway, that's what I have going on right now, at least a fraction of it! lol! My life usually consists of taking care of Landon and Korbin and cleaning, to name a few. And that's exactly what I need to go do! Clean my house! I've been sick, still am actually, so my house has been neglected.
It's been the weekend, Chris hasn't been working and hasn't had anything to do, so I got on Chris about it. Chris said, "I've been taking care of the boys, I couldn't keep the house clean, too!" I replied, "But I do, everyday!" And my sweet husband then went on to tell me what I good wife and mommy I am and how he knows I do so much and he admits he can't do it all...lol...he never tells me that!! It made me feel so appreciated! Unfortunetly, sometimes I feel too needed...lol..ah...off to work I go!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's funny to see what happens when the dads are left in charge. Marc always does a great job of taking care of the kids but then house looks like it exploded. He cleans up well but he always waits till the end whereas mums usually clean up after EVERYTHING so theres no build up, right??
What a great hubby to recognize your efforts. We have such great guys in our lives. Marc has never in 16 years complained if the house was messy. He totally gets it. Yay for great hubbies!
You're job sounds really neat. You have such a big heart, you'd make a great social worker. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Austin says the same thing about taking care of the kids so nothing else gets done. Lol....men....Well it sounds like things are going good for you though! Hey, do you think you could add me to your email notification list for when you update your blog? Unless you already have over ten....it's xinnamoon@juno.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment