Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 2, 2009

Playing Catch Up....

Okay, I've been really slow at posting, lately. Here's what we are up to:

Landon had his 6th birthday this last month. We went to Fat Cat's for a bowling party with Mom, Dad, Korbin, Jeff & Jan and their kids: Katie, Lydia, Gwen, Uncle Matt, and Mic & Melena and Mason. He got a Trick Tracks and Hot Wheels.


We, also, got a sweet new puppy named Diamond. She's half English Pointer and Half Germen Shorthair, although she seems to take more after the Pointer. She's very sweet and Daisy loves her. Daisy is being a good little mom to her. (The brown puppy is Ace, Matt's new dog.)



Korbin got his first "real" hair cut. It was very sad, but he looks really cute and they gave us a card to put his first locks in. I'll keep it forever!

Before

During

After

We had a really nice Christmas this year. Although, I'm usually way ready way before Christmas, but I got sick for the two weeks before and I fell behind on a few things. So, I kind of feel like I missed out on Christmas a bit.
We did our usual Christmas Eve at home, with chinnese take out. We usually watch for the Noel Star, sing carols, do the nativity, light candles and eat dinner, but this year I wasn't feeling that well, so we just ordered our usual take out and watched a Christmas show. I really enjoy our quiet Christmas Eve's. It gives us a chance to get to bed at a decent hour and wake ready for the fun!
Although, this year Santa's helpers kept us up until 1am. They had to put together a big train table for the boys. Apparently, they tell us it was very tedious work and very detailed. It looks great though and they did a fantastic job!

Christmas morning, Landon ran in at the usual time of 7am yelling, "MOM! DAD! SANTA BROUGHT A HUGE TRAIN SET!" He was so excited. Chris and I got him a metal detector, a book and legos, along with Santa's stocking stuffers. Korbin got a basket ball hoop, a thing he pulls (that pops) and a book.


I heard of people doing 3 gifts to represent the 3 gifts that Christ got. So, that's what we started doing this year.  Grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles and friends give presents,  too.  It ends up being an aweful lot, so I like this new tradition we have started.  Chris and I bought each other Diamond for our Christmas present. Check out her adorable pictures!!


We spent Christmas morning at home and then went to my parent's house for the afternoon. We were able to see Victoria and her family there. Mom cooked us a nice ham dinner. Then the next day, we went back for a couple of hours and met up with Jacqui and her family for another ham dinner. Yum. Yum.
(Mommy, Korbin, Papa Holland, Baylee, Jacob, Nana Holland, Landon, Brinlee, & Kenadee)

This year I opted for home made gifts for my sisters' families. I made all of the kids knitted hats. (All 10 of them, plus a couple extras for the kids I work with.) It was kind of fun and nice to learn a new skill. I really enjoyed it and hopefully they like them. :)
(Nana Holland & Landon)

My mom gave Victoria her present, a beautifiul sweater, and says, "I got the smallest one there was." Victoria then looks at it, pulls it out of the box, checks the tag and it says 3XXX. lol!!! She got the smallest one in the big ladies department!!! lol! Anyway, we had a great laugh, I was actually crying laughing!
Here are some pictures of our day with the Holland Family:
Landon and Kenadee

Jacob and Auntie Victoria

Uncle Marc and Korbin

Mommy, Landon, Daddy & Korbin

We got the boys a really awesome sled and we got Landon snow shoes, like the kind you use to walk on snow, not snow boots. We spent a full day snow shoeing before New Year's. It was sooooo much fun! I have to download the pics off of my cell phone still. Landon did an awesome job and kept up really well. We walked all around North Fork, with Korbin in a pack on Chris's back.


After a full day of snow shoeing, I was too exhausted the next day to celebrate New Year's Eve, so we stayed in and started painting our bedrom. (It's not yet finished, but is looking soooo cute!) I, also, got to hang out with my sister, Jacqui for an afternoon. She and Caroline took me out for lunch, without my kids. Thanks Chris Wilsher for watching them!! Anway, there's the update. Now I just need to download my cell phone pics and do those! lol!
Happy New Year!!

No comments: