Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 2, 2009

Haircuts and Grow up

The boys both got hair cuts. Their long locks were adorable for a while, but ended up getting a little too long. It was nice to see Landon's hair get snipped, even though he looks cute with the messy look.  It was very sad to say goodbye to Korbin's baby locks. Don't they look cute!
Landon
Korbin


It seriously hit me, as we were getting Korbin's hair cut, that he was going to be two in just 3 months!! He's really not a baby anymore and I REALLY thought he was. I actually said something to someone at church about my baby, while Korbin was resting on my hip and they said, "Oh you have a baby, too." I was like, "This is my baby." They looked at me a little strange. Apparently he's growing up, whether I like it or not!  They both are!  Aren't they adorable?

Korbin has moved into a "big boy bed". (His crib converts to a toddler bed.)  He was going to bed in his crib and screaming himself to sleep.  Nothing seemed to soothe hime, so I was hoping the change would make bedtime more exciting. So far it's been a week and it's been going great! He usually gets out of bed only once.  I go back in, rock him for a couple of minutes, and lay him back down.  He is catching on!  He even went and put himself down for quiet time today! 
Korbin even asked to sit on the toilet today. He always points to it and says, "Pee Pee", but he's never actually wanted to sit on it. This is all very sad to me because it means he's growing up. Hopefully in another couple of years we'll have another little guy around the house! (I'm kind of partial to the boys...they are just awesome!!)

Oh and thanks Nana Hussey for the cute clothes! Don't they look handsome?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, they are beyond Handsome!!! I love the slide show of them. And I really like the photo on the side of your blog of you on your horse. I remember back when you and Holly were teen-agers and you were going to live in New York City. And now look, your life couldn't be more beautiful. Horses, the countryside where you live. How fun!

Jolynn said...

I still think Everest is a baby too. They grow up too fast!