Chris and I celebrated 7 years of marriage on January 16th. We had a really nice, quiet weekend together. The boys headed off to Grandma and Grandpa McDowell's house for a few days, while Chris and I stayed home and enjoyed ourselves.
We spent time going to a movie, visiting mineral pools, hiking in North Fork with the dogs, skiing at Nordic (or should I say "Wolf Mountain, although, there are a lot of locals refusing to call it that), going out to eat and sleeping in! It was really nice just to enjoy the surroundings and the silence of our home. (And the house stayed soooo clean, it was unbelievable! How easy it is without kids, luckily they are sooooo worth it!)
Now, onto the weight check part of the post. As you may have heard, Korbin was struggling to gain weight, but he was checked out and they found nothing wrong. They told us to come back in two months for a weight check. We took him in yesterday. Landon, also, went in for his 6 year old check up.
Korbin has gained almost 2 lbs!! We haven't done anything different, except work with a chiropractor. The doctor said he's still pretty little, but said that his weight now matches his height, so she is pleased with the increase. He's in the 17 percentile.
Landon is in the 25 percentile for weight and height. She said my boys are a little small, but said that as long as they are in proportion, then they are fine.
You know, Landon's been telling me for a while, "Mom, I'm the smallest 6 year old in the class. There's only one kid smaller than me and he's 5." I didn't really believe him, but I guess he is! He's been a little disappointed that he isn't as big as his buddies.
I tried to cheer him up by telling him that if he looks hard enough he'd probably find some secret hidden tunnels that only he could fit into. And he very passionatly said, "NO! All the kids have a secret area on the playground that I can't get to because my legs are too small!"
Then he went on to tell me that there was one secret small tunnel, but that he was too big for it and only the one kid smaller than him could fit into it. He then sadly said, "I'm just medium!" Oh....lol!!
I feel bad he is upset about it, but it's really pretty cute to hear him worry so much about something so small. Anyway, he called his dad on the phone today and Chris was able to relate to him a little more than I could.
Sorry boys, I don't know what you were expecting, but your dad was very little and I'm afraid I was never really big myself!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment