Yesterday, we all woke up at 6am, so that I could finally go to the annual balloon festival in Eden, UT. I've been wanting to go for years, but due to "hunting season", it hasn't happened, but this year Chris was a sweetie and actually skipped a day of hunting to take me to the balloon festival. And now that we only live about 10 miles away, it's so easy!
Oh, we all had so much fun, even Chris! It truly is spectacular. You have to arrive before sunset to really hit the best part of the day and that's watching the balloons get rolled out of bags, blown up and set up. It is really fantastic to watch!
They have spirited, uplifting music playing the whole time and really it's just unlike anything I have ever been to! It's wild standing between so many balloons (they are from all over the country) and watching them come to life!
They say this is event is known across the nation as being one of the biggest balloon events in America and they, also, said that the Ogden Valley (where we are so blessed to live) is considered one of the most beautiful valleys in the nation. I believe that!
Landon was slightly scared at first. I don't think he realized how big the balloons actually got, even I was suprized at their size! He did end up loving it though and kept pretending to fly, himself! Korbin was mesmerized. He kept his eyes glued to the sky and the big balloons above him. He kept pointing at them.
Chris and I, mainly me, kept taking pictures. It's so awesome that you just want to capture every minute, only to find it's not near as exciting in a photo than actually being there. We came home with 226 photos and that's just because my card was full, I prehaps would have taken more! I did end up deleting a lot and managed to bring it down to somewhere around the 40 mark.
The balloons floated right up the road we turn to go to our house. After watching them take off, we chased the balloons to watch them land. It was really fun! Certainly, a day to remember!
2 comments:
ok, so I always seem to miss this! I definitley want to go though...you'll have to let me know a couple weeks ahead of time next year. Glad you guys had fun!
That looks like a great time. I'd love to come next year. We went to the Park City balloon festival. Didn't know there was one by you.
Post a Comment