Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Feeling Down? Saddle up.


I wanted to share with you one of my most favorite pictures...EVER! Jacqui took this of Chris this Sunday. Chris is on Eden.
She was really freaked out because we'd tried to take her across a metal bridge over a fast moving river, something she's never done before. And mainly because Chris was yelling at her and a German Shepard was following them (he's not a pleasant dog!).
Chris was convinced he was going to sell Eden the next day, but he forgets it's not his horse to sell...she's my baby! She doesn't move, is her problem, she stands still and freezes when she is nerveous. (She stops when she sees a mailbox, a bush, a parked car...anything on the road...she's fine in a feild.) Chris felt really bad later that day and has committed himself to riding her daily, which he's been doing so far.
She really is a good girl, she's just really green still. But I was still on her on Sunday....she LOVES me, afterall I'm her momma! She comes when I call her name and loves for *me* to pet and groom her...oh I feel so special! She's a cutie!
Someone suggested that her pregnancy hormones are probably starting to kick in. Chris has put blinders on her and that has helped a ton. But anyway, we got a really great picture!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

That looks like a postcard. What a great pic. I also love the one in your hat with your hair curled. So cute!