Our Pioneer Day!!!
We skipped out on Ogden Pioneer Days this year. I never thought I'd be saying that. We headed off to the lake, instead.
It was so nice! I love the beach at Pineview, and the trees for shade. The water was such a nice temperature. We rented a paddle boat, you know the kind you paddle with your feet. The kids had so much fun. We had a great time paddling around the lake and we even stopped to jump in when we got out to the middle.
On the way home we got a call that our horses were running down the road!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!! What the heck is going on with our horses?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
We found out that CHRIS LEFT THE GATE UNLATCHED!!! I don't know how you forget to do that...again and again...He just kept saying, well the gate swings shut behind you. Yeah, yeah, but you still have to latch it!!!
We managed to corner Kayden and Thunder on someone's long drive way. Chris hoped on Kayden, barefoot and in a swimsuit...cute..lol!! Thunder followed. We didn't have halters because we'd just come back from swimming!
While Chris took care of Kayden and Thunder, I took off to find Eden. I was able to call her (she was quite a ways up the road, heading the other direction) and she came over to me and I was able to put her in someone's yard. (They said I could...lol..)
Chris would have been so proud of me! I usually don't get too touchy feely with the horses if they aren't tied up, but I was determined to keep Eden in this guy's yard. So, when she came *running* towards the end of the driveway, to get out, I ran to the center of the opening, put my hand out wide and said, "NO!" She came to a skidding halt right in front of me and turned around!! I was so proud of myself....lol....(I saw our friend, Matt, do that when Thunder came running at him the first day we had her.)
So, long story short, I got Eden where I needed her, the guy with me, got a halter on her and I was able to drive back down the road and tell Chris that Eden was now safe at home. I was so dang proud of myself...hee...hee...!!
I think I may post a GIANT YELLOW SIGN that says, "LOCK THE GATE!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahhh husbands and horses! It sounds like you have 4 extra children. tee hee. Just kidding, don't tell Chris I said that. I like your idea of posting a sign. That's so awesome that you stopped the horse. You tough girl! Maybe I can send my naughty kids you're way and you can do that to them!lol. I would be too afraid to tell a horse running at me to Stop! Way to go girl!!!
Looks like you guys are having all kinds of fun with your horses. Way to stop that horse! I would have made Jeremy get them back in by himself. How is Chris doing?
Post a Comment