Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Are Loved

Tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to our sweet little angel, Kamber. She is going to a very nice family. I couldn't have chosen a better family myself! They are very sweet, kind and classy. They have 6 children, two of which are grown up and gone. The youngest, I'd guess is about 12. They are very excited to have her.
She went out to the park with them today and they all had a great time. Tomorrow will be her "sleepover" and the plan is that they will keep her from then out, unless something terrible happens...lol...which I'm sure it wont!
Technically, we are still her foster parents, until the papers are signed, but because it is a weekend, papers wont be signed until Monday. But, I wanted to do a little tribute to Kamber and I wanted to do it now because I know if I wait until she's gone, I might cry! So, here it is:

This is a picture of Kamber the day she arrived at our home on April 30th, 2008. She had spent almost two weeks at The Christmas Box House when she came to us. She was very giggly and in desperate need of some love and attention. She thought her new princess room was beautiful and she loved her new buddy, Landon.
This is my first picture with Kamber, on the day she arrived. Her little boots were two sizes too small and her feet were very blistered, but they were the only shoes she had. The few clothes she had were for an 18 month old and very tattered. We went shopping the next day and bought her all kinds of fun new clothes and shoes.
Here she is in her brand new clothes and hair curled. For 3 days I wasn't allowed to brush or touch her hair, she wouldn't let me. But, eventually we got it!
The hat Kamber is wearing, in this picture, was given to her through donations to the Christmas Box House. The Christmas Box House is an amazing place. It is a shelter for foster children in Ogden, while they wait for a placement with a foster family. It really is beautiful. I was overwhelmed, to the point of tears, when they handed me 2 huge bags of donations for Kamber. The bags were full of brand new toys, blankets, toiletries and of course, this cute little, hand-made hat. So many people care about these precious children that have been through so much in their short lives.
Kamber and I went out for a special "Momma Christina-Kamber Outing", after she'd been with us for a few weeks. We got Kamber this gorgeous little dress. She now wears it every single Sunday to church. Kamber loves church and has learned how to say prayers and has been learning about Jesus and Heavenly Father. She loves to look at the Temples and knows that Moroni is the golden statue at the top of the temple. The other day she was playing Polly Pockets and one doll was "Jesus" and the other was "Moroni". :)
When Kamber came into state care they asked her if she needed anything and she said, "I need a butterfly". And hasn't she just turned into such a beautiful butterfly? It has been exciting to watch her grow and transform from a quiet little girl to an outgoing, bubbly and confident child.
When I told Kamber that she'd be leaving us, she asked if she could take her cowgirl hat with her. And of course, I said yes! In fact, she was outfitted with a huge box of toys and three bags of clothes. She should be set for a while!
Kamber has loved being a "cowgirl". She loves the horses and the outdoors. She enjoys listening to "cowgirl music" and it must be a girl singing! lol. I suppose I will always remember her as, "Kammie Girl". From day one, she always called herself Kammie. (I think it's because her mom nicknames her Kambie, but she can't say, so it comes out Kammie.) So, "Kamie Girl" was our nickname for her and she seemed to like it. So, little Kammie girl, it's time for us to let go, so that someone else can enjoy your pure sweet spirit. We will love you forever and ever! We know that Heavenly Father will be looking out for you. Remember, when one one door closes, another always opens. You are never alone and you are loved.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Sniff,Sniff! What a sweet post. You can see the beautiful transformation of Kamber from the day she arrived to now. She truly has blossomed. You're an amazing mom, sissy! We sure will miss her.

Rammells said...

I agree with Victoria, you made me cry! What a great Momma you are. Kamber is lucky to have had you!!

Keri said...

That was such a good post. I thought you'd have Kamber for quite awhile more. What happened? So then are you guys still on the list to foster more kids then? Well, congrats with kamber - you turned her into such a cute girl!