
Last Sunday we headed over to Wyoming to pick up Kayden and Eden. Eden was quite the little monkey to get loaded, but eventually the rope around the butt trick did it for her! lol.
We boarded them down the road for the week while Chris finished building the fence. Chris built a beautiful Aspen log fence, with trees that he cut himself from the Raft Rivers.
Chris finished the fence today. He wanted to ride Eden back to the house seeing as she's green broke and needs miles, so he saddled her up and "ponied" Kayden behind Eden. About half way home Chris was so sick of having to continually kick Eden to get her to move, that he ended up hopping on Kayden bareback and ponying Eden the rest of the way.
Eden is very gentle, but you need spurs to get her to move!! lol!
Once we got home, I was able to have a little ride on Kayden. He's such a good boy! I'm very inexperienced and he just did everything I asked him to do. He did pick up pace a little quicker than I wanted, but he slowed right down when I told him to.

After, Chris decided to go get his little baby, Black Thunder. Eden almost attempted to jump the fence to get to Kayden as they were leaving. The fence is normal sized, but she's always been like that. She hates to be alone, especially in a new place. (She jumped a 6 foot fence when she was just a tiny foal!) So, Chris had to tie her up in the trees, which seemed to entertain her for a while Kayden was gone.
Little miss Thunder was ponied back to the house with Kayden. As she came into the yard she tripped over a basketball, but suprizingly just kicked it out of the way and kept going.
The three horses are now getting to know each other. Thunder is running around like yearlings do, throwing her head around, sticking her tail up and just running! Eden is somewhat happy to see Thunder, but is pleased to have Kayden back by her side and Kayden is just making sure they both know that he's the boss!
Tomorrow we are all heading out to buy cowboy hats! The kids are excited for a ride and Chris is taking Kayden out in the morning and then I'm going for a ride in the evening, so I'm sure thier will be many more pics to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment