Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 11, 2008

Window Help Needed



Well, I'm posting this mainly for Victoria because she's awesome at decorating, but anyone suggestions will be welcome.

Okay, so my three windows in the family room will have floor to ceiling drapes, puddling at the bottom *slightly*, so that makes them 8ft long. The rod across the top will need to by 12ft. That'll give a 6 in space at the out side of the two end windows. Then, of course, there will be four drapes. I think the copper pipe idea sounds cute, any other ideas let me know.

Now what about the window to the left? Does it need to be the same material as the three windows in the family room? I can't do floor to ceiling because the ceiling is so high. A valance maybe??? This is the window with the weird grapes. You can kinda see marks on the wall above that window, that's the grape vine. If I make my own curtains, I can get material either totally the same or coordinating. What do you think?


Now this is the window behind my family room. I'd hoped to do the floor to ceilind drapes again. Would you stick with the plum or do you think a brown would be nice? (I have the brown couches.) I bought some silky brown curtains. I loved the color, but I got them home and they looked too "delicate". I want something a little more rugged and with a little umph!
I don't have a picture of this, but the room on the other side of the dinning room, the front room is beind decorated (eventually) in an old Americana style. I was thinking I'd do a rustic brown curtain in their...b/c anything red, white or blue would like pretty nasty with the pink walls. So, *honestly*, what do you think????? Does brown go with the americana theme? I want it to look like a classy americana, not cheesey....but then again, by the time I get around to it, I may have changed my mind. lol!!
Suggestions please!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I kept meaning to comment on this but never did and now look at me....so I'm just letting you know I have some good ideas and will email you asap!