Landon loved his first day of kindergarten. He said his favorite part was the bus ride. I asked him what his favorite part of actually being at school was and he said, "Snack Time".
When he got off the bus, he came running to me with a small note in his hand. He was anxious to hand it to me, I figured it'd be from the teacher. It was a note from a 3rd grader that wanted Landon to come over to play. Landon said, "Mom, we are just like each other! We both skateboard, we have blonde hair and we both have Airwalks!"
I wasn't sure how I felt about him playing with a "3rd grader" that I didn't even know, but after we made the phone call, apparently, he is in our ward and I know his mom pretty good. They are a good family and Landon has plans to play with him tomorrow.
I asked him if he met anyone his age, from his class and he said, "We aren't allowed to talk, not even at snack time." So, they are allowed to talk at recess only and that's where he met his new friend. Landon was walking out to recess by himself, when the kid said to him something like, "Hey I know you! I saw you give your testimony at church on Sunday and don't worry, I did that too, when I was your age." And apparently they played the rest of recess together.
And now, about the testimony, Landon got up BY HIMSELF for the first time, last Sunday. (We had testimony meeting because next week is our Stake Conference.) He did half of his testimony great and then he just, out of the blue, burst into tears and said, "DAD, I NEED HELP!" Chris had to walk from the back of the room, up to help Landon finish.
So, I guess, this kid remembered Landon from that and gave him some reassurance at recess. Anyway, I'm off to make dinner. Landon think he's going to die because I wont let him turn the TV on anymore today or play on the computer, so I'd better go and let him help me cook!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I can't believe Landon is that old! It's been a while since I've caught up on peoples blogs so I just read a lot of yours and you are such a cute mom. I don't know if I would have been calm enough to just take pictures if Lily made all of those messes lik Corbin. I just love the valley. Do you guys think you'll be there for a while?
I can just picture Landon going up to bear his testimony. He's so precious. Love that kid!!!
Christina, I love your blog!! I've had so much fun reading all of your posts...Congratulations on making it through sending your baby to Kindergarten.
Post a Comment