Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Landon's First Day of Kindergarten


Today, September 2nd, 2008, is Landon's very first day of kindergarten. It's very bitter sweet emotions for me. I've heard of moms crying, which I always thought was silly and no, I did not cry, but I did tear up a little. It's hard saying goodbye for 5 hours! (It's only half day kindergarten, but we live so far that he has a 45 minute bus ride, both ways.) Anyway, he has a very nice teacher, Miss Hedges. He attends Valley Elementary School in Huntsville. And he has been looking forward to it for a long time.
This morning, my mom came over to give Landon a back to school haircut. He was feeling a little concerned that his hair would be cut too short, but Nana assured him she'd keep it long. Does he look so dang cute with the longer hair?!

Once I dropped Landon off at the bus stop, I hoped in my car and drove to the school. (I wasn't the only mom that did that...there was two of us! lol!) I wanted to snap a picture of him getting off the bus and make sure he got inside the school okay. There was plenty of people directing the kids were to go.
I really wanted to walk Landon to his classroom, but he just said, "See ya, mom!" and took off with the other kids from the bus. Most of the kids are in our ward, so he knew more of them, than he thought he would. Here he is giving his little wave goodbye. I do have to admit, I still walked up to the doors and peeked in, just to make sure he got in his classroom okay.
Oh...my little baby is growing up!!! Boo Hoo!!

No comments: