Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Landonisms"


Well, Victoria, not to long ago said something about "Landonisms", meaning the many humorous comments Landon makes. I loved the word and now have adapted it to all of Landon's "special moments", humorous and not.
He's just so dang cute and comes out with the greatest comments that I just can't remember them all, but just to recap, here's a few favs:

Said just the other week:
Me- So, Landon, you know it's Daddy's birthday next week, right?
Landon- How old will he be?
Me- 29
Landon- (thinking quietly) That means he's going to die soon, doesn't it?
Me- Why would you say that?
Landon- Well, Dave (our next door neighbor, who's probably in his 50s) told me that he was 29 years old and Dave is old. He has grey hair. So, Daddy will be dying soon.
Me- Oh honey, 29 is not old and Daddy wont be dying. Dave must have been teasing you. He's not really 29.
Landon- MY BEST FRIEND WOULD NEVER TEASE ME!

Dave told us that Landon told him, "Hey pal, if you're ever hungry, the front door is open. Come on in and help yourself to our fridge." (Can you imagine a 5 year old telling a 50 year old something this? lol!)

About a year and a half ago, my mom took Landon to a raw food resteraunt. In the front of the shop they have a little health section and an area were they do seated massages. Landon watched intently as a man massaged this woman in the chair. He was really pulling her arms back and digging in deap with his elbows. Landon watched and watched and then finally said, "You know, I could wrestle her down, too."

When Landon was 3 years old, he stood up on the 3rd row of seats, at church, turned around, held onto the seat back and as loud as he could said, "I like to move it, move it! I like to move it, move it!", while shaking his bum back and forth! I was mortified, Chris just started laughing, as did everyone else in the room!

And perhaps you'll remember these from earlier this year:
Landon wouldn't share his stick horse with Korbin and so I said, "What would Jesus do?" He thought about it and replied, "Well, he'd share the horse, but I'm not Jesus".

This next one has to be a favorite of mine: I was really sick with the flu and I was masaging my head because I had a headache. Landon quietly said, "Look Dad, mom's doing something girly.... like entertaining her brain or something". lol!!!

Oh and the innocence of a two year old, when he very surprizingly said, "My bum burped."

There are so many more, but lastly, for this edition of "Landonisms", we must post our favorite yet:
About a year ago, Landon was being very naughty at church. He was shouting across the room to his friend and just being disruptive. He'd had ample warnings, but in the end, Chris had to pick him up and carry him out. As they were nearing the door Landon *shouts* out, "SAY A PRAYER FOR ME!"

Oh...I love him...

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, you made my day. I LOVE those Landonisms. I laugh every time I hear the massage story. He is the funniest kid I've ever met. I just love him to pieces.

Julie said...

That boy is one cute and very hilarious little dude! I'm still laughing!

Dianasue Holland M.H. C.H. said...

You have made me cry laughing once again.
I am so proud of you all. Please someone teach me how to put my photos and songs on my blog. Victoria has taught me once, but I need to actually be doing it and then write it down. oh dear. all your blogs cheer me up so much.
Mum Holland